WCTM, Gurgaon believes that blended learning will be the new normal for at least a few months and they are well-equipped to face this challenge
As the Coronavirus pandemic obliterates formal face-to-face learning, World College of Technology & Management (WCTM), Gurgaon, rapidly responded to the absence of physical learning with online education to ensure continuity in curriculum and seamless resumption at the end of the lockdown.
Leveraging its expertise in technology, the college has conducted a series of webinars and online classes. The platforms may vary from Zoom to Google meet to Skype and GotoWebinar and lectures are delivered from the living room of teachers to at times, the bedrooms of students. The team of dedicated teachers is diligently striving to incorporate blended learning approach by preparing lecture notes, study material, and uploading it online in the interests of students, as well as adopting innovative pedagogical methods of teaching. The assignments are done, submitted, and evaluated online. Even the placement process is being conducted virtually. To engage and empower students they are organizing webinars and live chats with industry experts. WCTM is committed to impart complete training and practical knowledge at their state-of-the-art labs once classes resume to normal.
“We are facing an unprecedented global predicament today. Since, the college remains closed to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our faculty members and students, the learning process is continued in an unfazed manner with the use of digital platforms and online course material. The career prospects of our students will be our top priority during these hard-pressed times” says Dr. Narendra Singh, Chairman, WCTM
Headquartered in Gurgaon, Haryana WCTM is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India and affiliated to MDU Rohtak.
The college is promoted by ex IITians and aims at developing an intellectually invigorating environment by imparting quality education in the field of technology and management. Incepted in the year 2007, WCTM is located across 18 acres amidst a lush green environment of NCR. They believe in
- Developing young talent with intellectual technologies and applications which further contribute to the technical development of society on national and international levels in the field of technology and management.
- Aiming to impart inclusive knowledge about principles of engineering and management skills with a multi-disciplinary approach to develop proficient human resources for offering services to society.
- Run vibrant undergraduate and strong postgraduate programs in engineering and management streams with world-class teaching, learning environment with modern pedagogy, and most advanced technical infrastructure.
- Encouraging young talent by recognizing and awarding toppers of the University.
- In-depth education is imparted from distinguished people in respective fields regularly and continuous evaluation is done through tutorials. For more holistic and all-round development of young minds, several curricular activities, sports, and excursions form an integral part of the college curriculum.
Engineering solutions is the need of the hour
The Covid-19 outbreak calls for an immediate use of engineering expertise to its full capacity. While everybody is following social distancing norms to curb the spread, 90% of the people are dependent on technology to stay connected. Some are using laptops while others are using everything from tablets to desktop computers to smartphones to do office work, conduct online classes, etc. For communications, people are using everything from standard email and Microsoft Office products to Microsoft Teams, Zoom, GoToMeet, and Skype online conferencing.
While frontline workers and medical professionals are providing utmost care and cure to those infected with the virus, the majority of the country is dependent on experts and scientific advice to mitigate its effects. Deploying engineering solutions is crucial in the current scenario to continue with our day-to-day life safely. Before we shut down our society owing to the pandemic, we should check if there are engineering solutions that could help cease or slow the spread of the virus – from opening doors without using the handle to new ways of pressing lift buttons, the idea is to reduce the touch.
WCTM is developing such engineers who have the potential to bring about revolutionary technological discoveries in the times to come.
The pursuit of excellence requires all-round development and WCTM is leaving no stone unturned to develop potential leaders, experts, decision-makers of tomorrow. Not only are these young minds intellectually inclined but also have a deep understanding of self-governance and human values.
The post Living with Covid-19 undeterred, WCTM makes Virtual Classroom a norm appeared first on Digpu News Network.