“Chia Seeds Are The Meaning Of Life”
The ancient chia or as it is known by its scientific name Salvia Hispanica was one of four traditional crops grown by the Mayans and Aztecs of Mexico. Amongst the cocoa, corn, and cotton they even grew chia which was the only crop that met all their daily nutritional needs. Aztec warriors used to eat chia seeds which gave them high energy and endurance. Chia means “strength” in Mayan language and they are known as Runners food. It is amazingly rich in macronutrients with one-ounce serving containing less than 2 net carbohydrates grams, 8.72 grams of dietary fat, and 4.43 grams of muscle building protein. While chia seed is known to be an amazing source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. It also delivers the important nutrients of calcium, phosphorus, and manganese.
Without calcium, phosphorus, and manganese, the body cannot effectively prevent Osteoporosis, produce energy, combat body fat, nor repair itself. It is also vital to human well-being. That is why it is a valuable crop. Simply adding chia seed to the daily diet will help to ensure that the body receives these valuable nutrients.
Chia Seeds: Health Benefits
Chia seeds are from the mint family. These are grown originally in Mexico. They became popular because of their ability to give great results to the body.
Check out the following health benefits of Chia seeds.
- Chia seeds contribute to a healthy heart because it aids in lowering blood pressure. These seeds contain essential fatty acids omega-6 and omega-3. Our bodies are unable to produce its own essential fatty acids but these are essential in supporting our nervous, immune, reproductive, and cardiovascular systems.
- These ancient seeds help slow down the speed of how the body digest and absorb complex carbohydrates. Soluble fibres aid in stabilizing the level of blood glucose. This will result in sustained and steady energy.
- They help energize the body. This is the reason why its name means strength in the Mayan language. They have a balanced mixture of fibre, fats, protein, and carbohydrates. It is believed that a tablespoon of Chia seeds could sustain an individual for the whole day. Some athletes claimed that these seeds aid them to perform at a remarkable level for a long time.
- These seeds help prevent inflammation in the body. Some people with arthritis say that the inflammation and pain they feel were greatly lessened after a couple of weeks of consuming Chia seeds. The joints are lubricated because of the high concentration level of omega-3 present in these seeds. Also, such seeds help the joints become flexible and agile. Furthermore, omega-3s turned into prostaglandins are known to be capable of relieving pains and reducing inflammation.
- These seeds have detoxification properties. The swelling action can help soothe and cleanse the colon and absorb toxic wastes while strengthening and lubricating peristalsis.
- They are a great source of antioxidants. They contain more antioxidants compared to fresh blueberries.
- These seeds are very high in protein, about 20%. They contain more protein than grains like rice and wheat. The strontium present in these seeds aids in assimilating protein which therefore leads to the production of high energy.
- Essential fatty acids which are present in Chia seeds are known to help make cell membranes in the brain more flexible. Also, they aid in making nerve transmission and nutrient making more efficient. This will help enhance brain function including concentration and memory.
- Such seeds aid in boosting metabolism because they contain essential fatty acids. A person may lose weight safely through the regular intake of Chia seeds.
Chia Seeds: Benefits During Pregnancy
- It is a great source of Omega -3s
- Replenish Lost Nutrients
- Slow Sugar Absorption
- Rich source of Iron and Calcium
- Energy Boosters
It Also Used For:
- Hyperactivity Disorder
- Weight loss
- Strengthens the immune system
- Promote sound sleep
- Build muscle
- Help treat Diabetes
- Dental Health
There Are Different Ways Of Consuming Chia Seed:
You can consume it Raw by adding it to any liquid of your choice as it doesn’t affect the taste. Then can even Soak the seeds they release “Enzyme inhibitors” that are used to protect the seeds. Finally can grind the seeds in a mixer or coffee grinder to break the outer shells before eating them. When in powder form, the seeds flour can be used with most gluten-free recipes like Cakes, bread, and muffins. After grinding don’t forget to store them in a sealed container and put them in the refrigerator or freezer.
Where Do We Get It From?
An online store: just2eat.com will make your work easy. At “just 2 eat” you will find a range of Ready to Serve, Heat and Eat packaged food prepared by World Class Chefs. They provide you NON VEG / VEG / SNACKS and even SWEETS made with the best ingredients. However, their speciality is “Chia Seed” which is imported from Peru and has the highest nutritional value. Using an Israeli technology each grain is tested with a special filtration process where only the premium seed with highest nutritional value is filtered and it goes to a mildly roasted process, to make it better in taste and to maintain the highest standard of Hygiene.
Also, their prices are so much reason that you can stay healthy without burning a hole in your pockets.
They also provide you with some of the interesting recipes for Chia seed like:
In Vegan baking, they can be used as a replacement for eggs. To use them as an egg substitute for baking, try mixing 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water, then let them sit for a few minutes. A gel will form that can be used instead of eggs in baking. To make a green chia smoothie, blend 2 cups of spinach, 1.5 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of chia seeds. Then add one peeled orange, a cup of strawberries and a cup of frozen blueberries and blend again.
BUY HERE: JUST 2 EAT